In World of Warships, the after battle experience calculation relies on a number of bonus multipliers. The bonus multipliers are directly linked with your battle performance.
List of Bonus Multipliers
- Premium Account: Xprem == 0,5 for 50% bonus
- Bonus First Win of the Day: Xfirstwin == 0,5 by default. Also, can become 1 for x2 Win Bonus or 2 for x3 Win Bonus.
- Missions: Xmission == value modified by mission. Example: 200% value or a x3 value mission related to a 1 multiplier.
- Camouflage: Xcamo == 0,5 for Permanent Premium Camouflage or 1 for Special Event Camouflage.
- Signal Flags: Xsignalflag == value applicable n times. Where n is the number of signal flags hoisted on a given ship.
- Memorable Flags: Xmemflags.
The multiplier won't be applied when its value is zero (0). E.j: no mission or signal flag available.
The following formula applies to calculate the Experience.
- XPbase == XPbattle * (1 + Xprem)
- The Premium Account bonus applies first to XPbase and the result is rounded to get a new XPbase value.
- XPship == XPbase + XPbase * Xfirstwin + XPbase * Xmission + XPbase * Xcamo + XPbase * Xsignalflag + XPbase * Xmemflags
- XPship == XPbase * (1 + Xfirstwin + Xmission + Xcamo + Xsignalflag + Xmemflags)
The same Experience formula is applies for the Captain.
To demonstrate how this formula works, Captain Holzbein_Jack will go on a battle to earn fame and honour, and also earn some experience for his beloved vessel: The HMS Warspite.
- There's an active Premium Account.
- The HMS Warspite is a Premium ship, which also has a special Premium Camouflage.
- The following two (2) signal flags are hoisted: Equal Speed Charlie London and Zulu Hotel.
- There's also hoisted once (1) memorable flag.
- This is the first battle with this ship today.
- The battle occurred during Saint Patrick's day, so there's a multiplier bonus of x3. Let's hope he wins!
Let's see how this worked out, shall we.
After an heroic battle against formidable odds, the results were the following:
Let’s verify with the formula the results
XPbase == 1.295 * (1 + 0,5 (Premium) ) = 1.295 * 1,5 = 1.942,5 ~ 1.943
XPship == 1.943 * (1 + 2 (because x3 for event) + 0 (no mission that improved the exp gain) + 1 (for the special camo on the ship) + 0,5 (Equal Speed Charlie London) + 0,05 (for the memorable flag)) = 1.943 * 4,55 = 8.840,65 ~ 8.841
XPship == 8.841