According to EU and U.K. regulations, gaming companies like Wargaming, shall take specific measures to protect the rights of children. As some of our players are under 18 years of age, we have implemented specific measures to protect their rights when they use our services.
As of June 15, 2023, the registration form in the Wargaming EU realm for players in the U.K. and Cyprus will contain a mandatory field with date of birth (DD.MM.YYYY). New players under 18 will be asked to enter their parent or legal guardian's email address when they register to play our games. This notifies their parent or legal guardian of their child’s registration; it also grants access to the Parental Control dashboard, which allows them to impose playtime limits and request playtime reports. After the player turns 18, Parental Control is automatically discontinued.
Parental Control functions are available to the parent or legal guardian whose email is associated with the child’s account. After a player under the age of 18 creates a new account, the parent or legal guardian will receive credentials for logging in to Parental Control, where they can adjust the following:
- Add or remove playtime limits:
- Daily limits
- Weekly limits
- Scheduled limits (weekends only, Fridays and weekends only, only after 18:00, custom user schedule, for instance)
- Receive weekly or monthly email updates regarding their child's in-game activity.
How Limits under Parental Control Work
- If the player does not have enough time to play a battle before the limit's start, for instance, said player cannot enter a battle in any game mode except Stories. After passing the Parental Control time limit set on the account, the player will be disconnected from the game.
- While the set Parental Control limit is active, the player cannot log in to the game.
- Attempting to enter battle when approaching the limit's start, exceeding the playtime limit, and attempting to log in while the limit is active will all result in the player receiving a relevant message regarding their playtime restriction as set on the account by Parental Control.
If you encounter any issues with Parental Control, please contact Wargaming Player Support with the respective ticket.