If you memorize your passwords or write them down, use simple combinations or the same password for different services; losing the password can lose you control over all of these services, as well as important information that scammers might exploit.
Making Your Password Secure
Never use a login as a password. This is the first thing that hackers try when searching for your password.
We recommend using a unique password for each service.
- Use any complex password generator: Webpage 1 or Webpage 2.
- When coming up with a password yourself, remember: a password containing uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers, and is made of at least 8 characters, is much more difficult to crack than a simple one.
- So as not to enter complex passwords manually each time, use a password management program. There are free options available: KeePass, Lastpass, RoboForm,
A password manager is easy to use, it safely stores your logins, passwords, and other personal information added to it, and it also helps to protect you from phishing (being hacked).
- Use different passwords to access the mailbox and the game account.
- If unauthorized persons have access to your computer, uncheck the "Remember Me" checkbox when logging into the Wargaming.net ID system.