These instructions are valid for Avira Free Antivirus and Avira Antivirus Pro. The screenshots have been made using Avira Free Antivirus.
- Launch Avira. Click 'Open' on the "Antivirus" tab.
- The Avira Antivirus window will open. Click the gear icon in the lower left corner to open antivirus settings.
- The configuration menu will open. In the left pane of "PC Protection", click 'Exceptions' in the "Real-Time Protection" settings group. Click the '[…]' button under "Files and Folders to be ignored by the System Scanner and Real-Time Protection".
- Specify the path to the folder where the game is installed (e.g. D:\Games\World_of_Tanks) and click 'OK'.
- The path to the game client folder will appear in the address bar. Click 'Add'.
- The game client folder path will appear in the antivirus exceptions. To save your settings, click the 'Apply' button.
- You have successfully configured Avira Free Antivirus.