Before setting up Windows Firewall, make sure you have administrator rights.
If your game is working well, there is no need to follow this tutorial. However, if you are experiencing connection issues, ports need to be set up in accordance with the steps below:
- To go to Firewall settings, click Start, open the Control Panel, then click System and Security and Windows Defender Firewall (or press Win+R, type firewall.cpl, and click OK. This method works for all Windows versions and will suit those users who don't have the Start button in their version of Windows.)
- Click Advanced Settings.
- In the left column, click Inbound Rules.
- In the right column, click New Rule.
- In the pop-up window, select the Port rule and click Next.
- Select the required protocol: TCP or UDP.
- In the Specific local ports field, enter the required ports. If there are several ports, separate them with a comma or specify the port range using a dash. The list of required ports for World of Tanks can be found in the Connection Troubleshooter in the Network protocols and ports section. After you have entered all ports, click Next.
- Select Allow the connection and click Next.
- Select the desired connection profiles and click Next.
- Specify the name of the created rule and add a description, if necessary. Then click Finish to save the changes.
- Similarly, create Outbound Rules by specifying the same port ranges as described in steps 4–10.