- Protect your Computer
- Keep both your antivirus and firewall active and fully updated. Scan your system for malware, key-loggers, and viruses.
- Keep your Operating System fully updated. Your system will be less secure if any critical security updates are missed.
- Be careful with scam and phishing attempts.
- Create a Strong Password
- The best passwords are long, complex, and hard to guess.
- Password Managers can help you create strong passwords and then keep track of them. Example: KeePass (free and open-source).
- Associate a Phone Number
- Associating a phone number makes it difficult for hackers to change the email or password of a compromised Account.
- Add a Second Authentication Factor (2FA)
- Having 2FA enabled makes it even more difficult for hackers to gain access to your Account.
Don't share your Account!
Having all of the security in the world means nothing if you share your Account, even if it's only with friends and family. There are a multitude of things that can go wrong when you share your account: unwanted purchases, ill-advised use of XP, loss of items, and more...
- Those people with whom you share your Account may not be quite as diligent and careful as you are!
- World of Tanks Blitz: sharing the account is prohibited.